Join our Team
Tandem Community Literacy Specialist in San Francisco
Join our San Francisco team in Concord to support our StoryCycles program! As a Tandem CLS, you’ll be responsible for providing the books and materials needed for educators to successfully implement our StoryCycles book-sharing program, as well as hosting professional development workshops for educators and family support professionals, and hosting early literacy skill-building and interactive Read Aloud workshops for parents. View the full job description with application instructions here.
AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer in Contra Costa County
We are currently looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA to help further our mission to engage families, educators, and communities to surround young children with interactive learning opportunities that build early language and literacy skills, strengthen social and emotional skills, and foster a lifelong love of learning.
As an AmeriCorps VISTA at Tandem, your duties will include:
- Collaborating with staff to organize community-based early learning and literacy workshops and events for families.
- Recruiting candidates for Tandem’s Literacy Champions program.
- Supporting the preparation for training and volunteer activities.
- Working with local service agencies to develop activities and events that support families and educators.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Passionate about early childhood education, and building the capacity of communities to support children and families to close the opportunity gap.
- Clear communicators who are comfortable presenting information to groups of people.
- Excited about planning and organizing events and activities.
- Team players who are eager to collaborate with, and support staff members on a variety of projects.
If this sounds like you, you can find more details and information on how to apply by clicking these links for our available positions in Contra Costa county.
Share Your Skills
Tandem welcomes inquiries from all qualified, passionate, dedicated individuals seeking opportunities in all facets of our organization. We are always growing! If you have experience in any of the following areas, and want to make a difference in early childhood education, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Inventory management
- Facilities management
- Project management and scheduling
- Human resources management
- Team motivation
- Individual fundraising appeals
- Grant writing and reporting
For more information on how to get involved, please check out our Volunteer opportunities.